The International Cooperation and Economic Affairs Department (ICEAD) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MoFAIC) of Somaliland is responsible for promoting Somaliland's national interests and values, securing international recognition of the Republic of Somaliland as a state, and achieving full membership of the United Nations. ICEAD also works to protect Somaliland's sovereignty and territorial integrity, strengthen peace and stability within its territory, and increase its participation in international efforts aimed at combatting terrorism, piracy, and organized crime.
Specifically, ICEAD is responsible for:
- Communicating the government's policy positions on international cooperation and economic affairs.
- Developing and advising the government on policy options in these areas.
- Creating mechanisms and avenues for achieving the government's objectives in international cooperation and economic affairs.
- Reviewing international communities' activities and strategies concerned Somaliland, such as development cooperation agreements that Somalia enters to the international community.
- Ensuring that Somaliland's interests are taken into account in these activities and strategies.
- Studying the relevant regional corridors and potential investors, and how Somaliland's competitors are moving forward to undermine Somaliland's corridor.
Sections of the Department
- 1. Foreign and Aid Development
- 2. Security and Community Cooperation
- 3. Bilateral and Multilateral Agreements
- 4. Trade and Economic Affairs
- 5. Research and Information
- 6. Investment and Economic Development
ICEAD is headed by the Director of International Cooperation and Economic Affairs, who is assisted by a Deputy Director and a number of other staff members.
Su'ad Muse Dualle
International Cooperation and Economic Affairs Department
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
The Republic of Somaliland